Benefits of GSH Glutathione
GSH Glutathione: Your Best Defense Against Aging & Disease
Benefits of Glutathione are many:
- It is the MASTER Antioxidant – While antioxidants like Vitamin C has only five electrons to neutralise free radicals, and can potentially become a free radical itself, glutathione recycles itself and all other antioxidants so that they can do their jobs again and again. With a million electrons, glutathione is a supreme antioxidant molecule that can neutralise countless free radicals and recycle other antioxidants. It’s no wonder that it is the most important antioxidant and is at least 10,000 times more powerful than Vitamin C! It can handle every single type of free radical – beat that!
- It is the MASTER Anti-Inflammatory – Glutathione is needed to combat intracellular inflammation and inhibits the production of most inflammatory cytokines.
- It is the MASTER Cell Detoxifier – Know why the liver does most of the detoxification work? Well, it is most concentrated in glutathione! However, apart from the liver, every cell needs optimal glutathione levels to defend against toxins from heavy metals to bacteria, viruses, poisons, free radicals and other invaders. It doesn’t just protect from these bad boys and cancer cells, but also work to expel them from the inside out.
- It is the Gatekeeper of our Cells – Glutathione is crucial for protein synthesis and nutrient assimilation. Whether you drink a glass of fresh antioxidant-rich juice or a raw protein shake, glutathione is the gatekeeper which pulls the amino acids and nutrients into the cell to be absorbed. Without sufficient glutathione, all the fancy nutrition is hardly of any value to the cell, and thus for health.
- It Boosts Our Immunity – Glutathione protects the immune cells and act as signalling molecules to activate accurate and optimal immune response, on both the innate and adaptive level. The all-important T-lymphocytes are very significantly activated, resulting in strong proliferation. Glutathione is essential for phagocytic activity of polymorphonuclear neutrophils, dendritic cell functions, and antigen presentation by antigen-presenting cells (APCs).
- It is Needed for ATP (Energy) Production – People with high glutathione levels produce high amounts of ATP and feel much more energetic and alert.
- It Maintains Cellular Redox Homeostasis – Maintains oxidational level of cells and holds them in check e.g. hemoglobin in red blood cells must be in reduced state (+2) to accept and bind to oxygen and deliver to cells and glutathione helps to ensure the red blood cells remain in this optimal state.
- It Improves Health Systemically – Brilliant for lungs, heart, kidneys, digestion, eyes, and even raising DHEA and IGF-1 levels, thus reflecting its significance in pituitary, adrenal and endocrine function (hormones) in general.
- It Never Becomes a Free Radical Itself – While many antioxidants may become free radicals themselves, especially in the absence of the necessary co factors and synergistic nutrients, glutathione never becomes a free radical! In fact, as the glutathione molecule’s electrons are completely used up and it becomes oxidised, it fuses with another oxidised molecule through a disulfide bridge to form GSSG.
- It Induces Delta Wave Sleep – GSSG molecules induce deep, delta wave sleep, ensuring optimal repair and rejuvenation, and also HGH production.
- It Supports Peak Athletic Performance and Accelerates Muscle Recovery – People doing cardiovascular or resistance training will find increased stamina, intensity, and faster recovery periods.
- It results in Healthy Weight Loss – As ATP production goes up, energy and caloric expenditure goes up, which is a surefire way to lose extra fat, even without any change in lifestyle.
- It Protects DNA – Glutathione protects the nucleus DNA and mitochondrial DNA of the cell.
- It robustly Supports Liver Function – Glutathione is most concentrated in the liver which is a dominant factor of why the liver does majority of the body’s detoxification work.
- It is The Ultimate Anti-Aging Molecule – People who have aged considerably may be in for incredible changes in their appearance in as short as 2 weeks – with their skin tightening and looking more radiant very quickly – repairing the oxidative damage that has been dealt to them big time. Generally, skin health is boosted tremendously from the inside out!
Do you know of any other molecule in the body that has all these benefits and crucial roles? In fact, Dr. Earl Mindell said this about glutathione in his book, What You Should Know about the Super Antioxidant Miracle: “We literally cannot survive without this miraculous antioxidant.” Is it any wonder that more than 75 major chronic diseases have been linked to depletion of glutathione in the body – heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, rheumatoid arthritis, every cancer studied… you name it.
Stay tuned for more updates on how you can stay healthy and live longer with this wonder molecule present in abundance in every cell of your body!
Clinical Nutritionist, Health Coach International